The Medical Radiation Engineering
Nuclear for peace...
مدیر وبلاگ : مهدی
Summer School in Bioinformatics
(Gene Expression Analysis)
This course will take place at IPM
With the introduction of next-generation sequencing platforms, it is now feasible to use high-throughput sequencing approaches to address many research questions. Now more than ever, it is crucial to know what Bioinformatics tools and resources are available, and it is necessary to develop Bioinformatics skills to analyze high-throughput data using those tools.
The IPM, has developed a comprehensive four-day course covering key Bioinformatics concepts and tools required to analyze expression data.
The course contains the following concepts:
• Introduction to MATLAB programming (practical)
• Introduction to expression data and network analysis (practical)
• Cytoscape (practical)
• Understanding of systems biology (theory)
• RNA-Seq analysis in Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes (practical)
• Small RNA-Seq analysis (practical)
• Pathway analysis by Gene Set Enrichment approach and Gene Ontology network analysis (practical)
• Data mining in functional genomics: application of Knowledge discovery, Biosignature, modelling and prediction (theory)
• How to prepare different datasets of protein, SNP, Prosite, neucleotide and transcription factor (practical)
• Attribute weighting models and combination with multivariate analysis (practical)
• Predictive models (Decision trees and association rule mining) (practical)
• Comparative Genomics – A brief Introduction (theory)
• Genome wide association analysis (GWAS) and SNP discovery (practical)
• Variant selection based on amino acids changes, GO analysis, and transcriptomics changes (practical)
Target Audience: Graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and principal investigators currently working with data from next-generation sequencing platforms, or about to embark on projects that require analysis of such data.
Computer requirements: You will need to bring your own laptop computer with wireless internet capacity. The minimum specifications are as follows: 1024x768 screen resolution, 1.5GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, and a recent version of the Windows or Mac operating systems. Most laptops purchased in the past 3-4 years likely meet these requirements. We strongly recommend that you install MATLAB & Cytoscape before the first day of class. You can download the last version of Cytoscape from http://cytoscape.org/.
Application instructions: Follow the link to apply for this course
The course will run from 9:00 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day. Course fees cover registration and all foods (i.e., continental breakfasts, coffee breaks, lunches, and a reception). Full payment is due on September 12, 2015.
نوع مطلب :
برچسب ها : مدرسه تابستانی، بیوانفورماتیک، پژوهشگاه دانش های بنیادی، IPM، بیان ژن، بیولوژی،
لینک های مرتبط :